Why water shortage is the big problem in the whole world
Water scarcity is a serious problem faced by the world as a whole currently. Following are its consequences;
- Enough resources are not present to fulfill the needs.
- The access to fresh water is also becoming difficult.
- This happens due to lack of rain and dry weathers.
- The existing water resources are also deteriorating.
- The current supplies of water are polluted.
- There is no distinction between the demand and need for water.
Still, there are some regions of the world where there is a shortage of water resources, but this shortage is not highlighted.
Causes of water scarcity
- Excessive demands and limited resources.
- The high presence of pollution
- Overuse of water resources especially in industries
- Not sustainable practices of wasting water
- Lack of management of water resources
- Disturbed distribution of water resources
- Not-working aquifers
- The distance of some parts of the regions from water resources or the cutoff of the water supply from neighbor regions.
Effects of water scarcity
- Imposed water restrictions
- Poor settlements and no access to the water system
- Negative impact on gardening and greening
- More chances of fire hazards
- The harm caused to the ecosystems
- Increased prices
- Issues faced in farming
- Risen sea levels due to high pollution and melting of glaciers.
- Increased temperature globally
- Sanitation issues
- Little or no access to drinkable water
No problem is there without an answer. Every question has a solution which may not completely solve the problem but can lessen the intensity of the problem. For a significant issue like water scarcity, there might be some solutions, and they are as follows:
- Turn off the taps when you are not using them. This will save the water.
- Only use the water when it is needed, don’t waste it. For example, take care when you are washing dishes.
- Obey the water restrictions imposed by the government and the regulatory bodies as that would be for your betterment.
- Increased prices of water can save the water from being overused as the consumers would have to pay for every unit of water they consume,
- Take short showers and avoid long baths. This will save the resources for water.
- Recycle the water you have used as much as you can do.
- Industrial processes should be highly regulated.
- Organic consumptions should be encouraged.
- Everyone should understand his responsibility towards this serious issue to get prevented from the water crisis.
- More sustainable practices should be used in farming and other tasks that need water resources.
- Use advanced technologies to clean the polluted water and then use it.
- Repair the sewerage systems.
- Clean the water resources by taking help from NGOs.
By following some of these tips, you are guaranteed to cover the deficiency of water resources, but at the same time, you need to realize the importance of water.